Monday, June 9, 2008

Tips: Texture

Today's CAS tip is all about texture. I was only going to focus on my card base being textured, but once I got started, I kept bringing in more and more textile items. A textured card base can really bring a lot to a card. Simply by choosing a textured paper, you've added interest to the entire card. There are lots of textured card stocks out there, and the great thing is there are tons of colours to choose from! Like I said, once I got on the texture kick, more items came out. I brought the striped paper, which is kind of a wannabe texture. Next came the ribbon, then the felt flowers, and finally the bling. All these items reach out to the recipient. So the next time you're needing a quick card that packs a bit of a "wow", consider using some textured cardstock as your base. It really adds a little something special!
Supplies:
Stamps by Verve Visual, Paper by World Win and Stampin' Up!, Felt Flowers by Maya Road, Bling by gel-a-tins, Ribbon by Dunwoody Booth, Ink by Versafine/Tsukineko

6 comments:

Marie said...

This is such a bright and cheery card - love it!!

Becky Carafa said...

I love all the texture, and how the flowers go off the side!

Lynette said...

Very pretty! Love the textures and the colors. I started a new blog, too, and I put a link to yours. I hope you don't mind!

Tina said...

Simple sure ~ ADORABLE TOO!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE this! So simple and fun!

Donelda said...

loving all those bright colors!! and I'm loving this new blog Natasha!! Thanks for all the cas inspiration!!