Saturday, June 7, 2008

Embrace... Transparencies

Transparencies are one of those supplies that has all sorts of creative uses. You can use it for card bases, for overlays, or for gel cards, just to name a few. It's definitely one of those items that's good to keep around. There are also varying thicknesses available, so you need to be aware of what kind of acetate works best with your intended use. I've found that photocopy quality acetate is a well-rounded one to keep around. It's heavy enough for card bases or boxes, and you can heat emboss it. I picked mine up at an office supply store. If you're looking for a heavy weight type, I know that both Flourishes and Cornish Heritage Farms carry them.
Anyway, enough babble, onto the card! I used a transparency for my card base. I stamped the front with a background stamp using White Stazon, added some ribbons, and my stamped image matted on coordinating colours. Quick, clean, simple!
Stamps from Stampin' Up! (Linograph BG), Gel-a-tins (Hugs & Kisses), and Verve Visual (Wild Thing)
Ink and Paper: Stampin' Up!
Ribbon: Dunwoody Booth


Juanita said...

I've been on a transparency kick lately. Once you get some of the design aspects (hiding adhesives) they come together really quickly and look so polished.
Thanks for sharing on this blog, I truly love it!

Carrie said...

Love the simple things... your new blog is perfect! All of your cards are great:)

LeAnne said...

Very interesting! I have never done anything with using acetate for a whole card!! This is a real eye-catcher!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE this, Natasha! What a fabulous card!

Elizabeth - Scrappygolden said...

I am totally going to have to buy some transparencies and try this out!

Thank you for your wonderful blog and giving us all this inspiration. :)