Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tips: Monochromatic Colour Schemes

Using the same hues on a card can have a really stunning effect. Monochromatic colour schemes are always a good go-to for clean and simple style cards. It can also help speed up the process, since you are restricting yourself to using only supplies of a certain colour. For my card today, I went with PINKS! In keeping with the feminine theme, I stamped a few purses, then coloured them in with pencil crayons. I went searching for some nice pink patterned paper. Would you believe that I don't have any that matches Pixie Pink or Pink Passion very nicely? So, I stamped a few small flowers on some Pink Passion instead. Just as good! My bow was inspired by the one on the right-most purse. I added a little sentiment tag, and voila, a cute little invite for a girl's night out!

Another brief CAS tip for you, shaped cards can really jazz up your card. What might be a bit dull or too small for a normal 4.25x5.5 card can really work on a smaller shaped card!

Supplies: Stamps: Dress Me Up! (gel-a-tins) Ink: Versafine Black, Pink Passion Paper: White, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion Accessories, etc.: Koh-i-noor Woodless Colour Pencils, Nestabilities Petite Ovals and Tag sets, Pink Ribbon, Dental floss, pop dots, grey marker

1 comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is just adorable, Natasha!