Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Silhouette Color Challenge

The colors Natasha challenged with were Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red and white for a neutral. At first I thought Autumn but was not feeling in an autumn mood! So I decided these colors would make a good silhouette at sunset. I inked up the leaves image with Versamark, then chocolate chip and stamped the image. I embossed it with clear embossing powder. I sponged on the really rust, then the ruby red and a little bit of chocolate chip. I cut the image and mat out with my long rectangle nestabilities. I used DCWV cardstock which has great texture and some SEI patterned paper. I felt it needed a little something to complete it so I stamped the butterfly on the left over sponged paper, cut it out, mounted it just on the body so that the wings could be bent away from the paper. I finished it off with an Amuse Twinkler sticker. I left room for a sentiment in the lower left corner of the image.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Beautiful, Harriet! Great idea for a sunset with those colors and that is such a great stamp. Pretty papers, too, and a cute butterfly to top it all off:)

Marie said...

This is beautiful!!!