Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fall-to Layout 4

This layout is a bit different then some, but I saw a card with it somewhere, and found it to be inspiring. I thought I'd give it a shot, and share it with you. Plus, it goes well with the idea of using white or blank space. The optional part is exactly that. If you find the card looks too empty, feel free to add something in there, if you want a simpler card, leave it empty. The circle next to the sentiment can be any sort of embellishment, button, brad, knot, anything! A few measurements that you might find helpful... The lowest layer (on my card the patterned paper) is 3-3/4x2-1/2. The light pink is 2-1/2x 3-1/4. My sentiment strip is 3 inches long. Finally, the optional image part is 2-3/8x1-3/4.

Some other details for my card- all stamps are by PaperTrey Ink (Eat Cake, Birthday Basics), the paper and ink are mostly from there too (Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush, as well as the patterned paper). Confetti white paper is from Stampin' Up!, as is the Rose Red button. I also went over all the Berry Sorbet cake layers with a clear Spica marker.

If you do decide to take a stab at the layout, feel free to leave a comment here, or use the keyword FTL4 at SCS!

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very nice! I love this cake image and with the Berry Sorbet, it looks good enough to eat!
LeAnne

Vera said...

Love the layout! Here's the card I made with it.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE this layout! Thanks for sharing it! http://oodabugalley.blogspot.com/2008/06/hey-sugar.html

Lynette said...

Great sketch! Here is a card I made using it: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/960099?cat=500&ppuser=80719

Anna said...

Great sketch! Here's my card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/962894?cat=10371

Thanks!

Stefanie said...

Love this sketch and your new blog Natasha! Here's my card.