Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Embrace... Pop Dots!

Today is all about pop dots. These small items can really add a lot to any project. One recommendation I have for pop dots is, once you find a good source to buy, pick up LOTS. My local Dollarama carries several types. They are available in large squares, small squares, large circles and small circles. You get at least 384 of the small squares on one sheet for $1.00, so it's a pretty good deal. They stick well and are a nice thickness. Anyway, my point is, once you find some you like, stock up. These can add the perfect "pop" to any card. Today's card was inspired by this wonderful gift set by Jennifer McGuire. She's a wonderful artist in both card making and scrapbooking. A lot of her stuff fits into the clean and simple, but WOW! style. If for some reason you haven't checked her stuff out before, here's her blog link.

For my card, I used pop dots both to pop up the butterfly, as well as to pop up the entire pink layer. I was inspired to use piercing and stitching, so I got out the piercing guide for the frame, and I got out the dental floss for the butterfly trail. The green scallops were made with a slit punch. Stamps come from Verve Visual (butterfly) and PaperTrey Ink (saying).

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Marie said...

I LOVE this!!!!

Beth M said...

This is so cute! Love the popped up panel and butterfly and the use of craft cardstock.

Very cute!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is just STUNNING!!!!!!!!

Donelda said...

This is awesome!! I love that little butterfly. I love to use paper piercing when I am making a clean and simple card. It adds so much with so little effort. And it goes with any style. Thanks for sharing such great ideas and for the link to Jennifer M's blog too!!!!!

Dawn (stampinscotsgirl) said...

I love this super cute card! Love the popped up panel and the soft colours! I love this blog too! Thanks for sharing all your CAS tips and techniques:)

Mary said...

Beautiful card! I made changes but basically cased it:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/957050?cat=500&ppuser=124620

Thanks! Love the simple designs.