Thursday, June 12, 2008

CAS Friendy Techniques

Every so often, I'll be focusing on a technique that I find works well with the CAS style. For this one, I'm going a bit "old school", in more ways than one... Pull out that glossy paper and white crayons, maybe a brayer or a few sponges- it's time for White Crayon Resist. This technique is super fast, and it looks pretty cool. Decide on an image theme and your colours and you're all set to go. For this one, I started with some flowers from PTI's Beautiful Blooms set. I stamped them, then added in some white lines with the crayon. Next, I got a sponge and started wiping mustard and burgundy all over. I finished it off with a small frame, some matching ribbon, and a sentiment. One of the great things about this technique is that you could stamp a whole sheet of these, then cut it up and make a whole bunch of cards like the style I've posted here.


Becky Carafa said...

You're right, this would be perfect to make a whole sheet and cut it up. Love the colors you chose here!

Monica said...

Awesome... love this technique... thanks for sharing. The card looks so very nice.

xxx Monica