Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Embrace: Pop Dots

I love the depth that using pop dots gives to an image or panel of a card. For this card I used the pop dots to layer parts of the flowers. I stamped and water colored the image on the PaperTrey Stamper Select cardstock. Then I stamped the flowers again on another piece of the same cardstock, water colored them, then cut out different parts of the flowers and layered them on the original stamped and colored image. I used Nestabilities to cut out the image and the scalloped mat and the Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots embossing folder to emboss the front of the card. I left off embellishments because I wanted to focus on the beauty of the magnolia flowers. Supplies: Stamps - Lilac Set from Flourishes; paper - PaperTrey Ink, Bazzil; ink - Pallette Burnt Umber; Misc. - watercolor pencils, aquabrush, Spellbinders Nestabilities, $1 store pop dots.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

So pretty! I really love the swiss dots on the white, beautifully done!

Liz S. said...

Whoa, so beautiful. Some advice, please, on the Nesties, because I have not bought the ovals yet - does your card use the regular or petite? I know in the other shapes that it refers to the scallops, but in the ovals the actual shape is differently proportioned. TFS!

Lynette said...

Beautiful, Harriet! Such pretty colors and coloring, and I love the oval scallops, Dotted Swiss, and dimension!