Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tips: Mixing Text Sizes and Fonts

First off, I wanted to start off my post with a welcome to a few people who will also be sharing their CAS creations on this blog. Give a warm welcome to Harriet Skelly and to Becky Carafa. I love their approaches to the CAS style, and I hope you will too!
This week's CAS tip is mixing text sizes and fonts. I have found this to be a really effective way of getting a message across, while keeping the card quick, clean, and simple! There are all sorts of amazing sentiment stamps out there. Several companies already make the mixed size and font of sentiments, but it's also nice to put together your own using different alphabet sets. I find that when I make the card all about the greeting, all you really need are some nice papers, some ribbon, and maybe an embellishment or two, and you have a great card!
I've got two cards for you today. The first features a pre-mixed sentiment from Verve Visual. The second card features a mix of alphabets to get a fun greeting. This one actually features the same font, but the difference in size and style still makes for an interesting looking sentiment.
Stamps- Wild Things, Gosh Be Golly Alphabet, Gosh Golly Big Letters (gelatins), Polka Dots & Stems (verve visual)


Vanessa said...

I am so glad you have this blog up and rolling. I am a fan of quick, easy and simple cards. What a great resource for beginner stampers and seasoned stampers who forget how to make simple cards. Thanks for sharing.

LeAnne said...

Love both of these!!! I like it when the fonts are a little different & jazzy!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of these clean & simple cards, they are so elegant.
Harriet, your cards are always fantastic!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love these cards! Adore the first one! Great cards and great additions to the CAS team!