Monday, October 27, 2008

Ten Minute Monday

This week I bring you a somewhat deceptive 10 minute card. It looks more complex due to all the different patterns and layers involved, but it's really quite quick.
First off, the 3 flowers are all one stamp, so that's easy enough. I stamped that and the greeting onto a linen stamped background vanilla panel. The background papers were based off of scraps I had on my desk. I wanted the green pattern to pop out a bit more, so I mounted that on some orange. The real reason this card came together so quickly is due to the proportions. Although the main panel isn't directly proportional to the card front, it's close enough. I decided on the proportions first, found a stamp to fit into those proportions, then chose colours based on the theme. It may seem a bit backwards, but I find that using this approach makes for a quick-to-execute project!
Supplies:
Stamps: Eastern Blooms, It's Your Birthday, Linen
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss, Haiku DSP, Vanilla
Accessories, etc.: pop dots

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful! My Haiku paper comes this week--yippee!
LeAnne

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty card...love the colors and the dp!

Ashley said...

This is so cute!

Rhonda Langley said...

Great card!! Love the colors!