Saturday, October 25, 2008

FTL 17- Samples

Alright, here are my cards. I had them finished before today, but I forgot to set up my scheduled post, oops! This first one I made first, then designed my sketch to match. This gold American Crafts ribbon served as my inspiration. The snowflakes and the sentiments are all embossed with gold powder. My second card features some very basic watercolouring. I stamped the leaf prints with Stazon on, then went over them with twinkling h2os. Added the sentiment and some brown twill and that was that.

I find that when keeping things to the one layer, you need to bring in that extra "pop", either in the form of colour, shimmer, or a dimensional point of interest (whether really, like in the case of ribbon or embossing powder, or perceived, say if I had outlined or added a shadow to the leaves). Thanks for stopping by, if you decide to play along, feel free to leave a link in the comments or use the keyword FTL17 over at SCS! Have a good weekend!

Supplies: Stamps: Snowflake Serenade, Autumn Leaf Prints, Brighter Tomorrow Paper: White, Ink: Stazon Brown, Versamark, Chocolate Chip Accessories, etc.: Ribbon, twinkling h2os


Tina said...

Wow, both cards are just fabulous. But, I am loving the snowflakes and that rich gold color.

LeAnne said...

I have been dreaming of making a gold-embossed card all afternoon, and here is a beautiful one! Love those snowflakes!

Scrapping Julie said...

excuse me while i wipe the drool off my chin! LOL gorgeous!

Des said...

These came out yum-o! Keep it coming.

Catherine said...

another great sketch... here's my card