Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Embrace... Dots

Well last week was stripes, so it seemed appropriate to focus on dots this week. In case you haven't already noticed, I have been loving my new set of Polka Dot Basics. This is one of those sets I kept putting off getting since it didn't seem as "fun" as some other releases. It's such a staple, it's so nice to have access to such a wide variety of dot backgrounds! I started with a very basic white ink on a kraft background and went from there. I brought in a few flowers from Garden of Life, and I made a whole bunch of cards. They all have the same layout, but by changing the size of the dot background, the flower stamp, and the colours, they all look very different!

Supplies: Stamps: Garden of Life, Polka Dot Basics, Birthday Basics (PTI), Petals and Stems (Verve) Ink: Pure Poppy, Bamboo Leaves, White, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Chocolate Paper: Kraft, White, Chocolate, Olive Ribbon: Red dashed, Brown dashed, Accessories: Red Brads

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Both of these are sweet, but I love the kraft & red one the most!
LeAnne

Lynette said...

Very pretty! I like them both, but the top one is my "hands-down" favorite!!

Dawn (stampinscotsgirl) said...

They are both beautiful! I love how different they both look. This is such a wonderful and inspiring blog for those of us that like CAS and everyone else for that matter!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent and ideas:)