Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Embrace Patterned Papers

When I was going back through the older posts, I kind of couldn't believe that I hadn't focused on pattern paper. I was sure I had (maybe I did but missed it...) Anyway, if it is a repeat, it's because it's that much of a staple in CAS stamping! Patterned paper can stand alone with a bit of ribbon and a sentiment (as Monday's card showcased), it can also be added as a form of an embellishment. Sometimes it simply gives you a starting point. A certain combination of patterns, images, or colours can be just the right source of inspiration to get that creative mind going! That's actually what happened with this card. I LOVE the Haiku paper (so much so that it may very well be a pack that I purchase again, which is quite the rarity for me!). I love the repeated patterns and the fresh combination of colours. I grabbed a piece of paper, and used the colours as my starting point- Tangerine and Saffron. Throw in a bit of white and you've got a sharp colour combination! To really make the silhouettes pop I embossed them with white and added a white rub-on sentiment. The card base is made from textured white cardstock.
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Haiku, Tangerine, Saffron, White
Accessories, etc.: white EP, ribbon

1 comment:

Marie said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the layout and the use of the white card base. Love it!