Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Embrace Scallops!

I love anything to do with scallops. It's great that they are so trendy right now (and that doesn't seem to be changing!). There's just something very classic about adding a scalloped edge. It works well with squares or circles or simply an edge of something.
For my card today, I started with a navy card base. I ran that through the cuttlebug with a long scalloped rectangle nestability (one could easily use scalloped scissors or a punch to get the exact effect). Next, I stamped some acetate with snowflakes. I attached that inside the card, then added some ribbon, silver cord, and a snowflake shrink charm. Pretty quick! There's no sentiment just yet, I figured a nice saying stamped in white or silver would look nice peeking through the snowflakes.
Supplies:
Stamps: Rustic Snowflakes (PTI)
Ink: Stazon White
Paper: Night of Navy, Acetate
Accessories, etc.: organdy ribbon, silver cord, polyshrink, scalloped die

4 comments:

Dawn (stampinscotsgirl) said...

Love the simplicity, yet it still looks very elegant! I love silver and navy blue together!

The Garage Sale Diva said...

This is gorgeous. I also love the simple elegance of the card. Thanks for the inspiration!

The Garage Sale Diva said...

This is gorgeous. I also love the simple elegance of the card. Thanks for the inspiration!

barb mann said...

Natasha,

I finally got around to trying your idea. I just posted my card today at SCS. You can see it here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1130366?cat=500&ppuser=71867
Thanks so much. My Clubbers really liked it!