Saturday, October 4, 2008


Here's my version of this week's sketch. I really do love making circular cards. It's something I used to never do, simply because I didn't have reliable enough tools. With the nestabilities die-cuts it's so easy to make shaped cards. A few tips...
The largest circle is almost 4 inches across. So I cut my base to 4x8, folded it in half, then cut leaving a space of nothing right above the fold (so as not to cut the folded paper into 2 separate circles). Next, I got a 4x4 square and made my card as if it was a square. I adhered the blue paper, then the strip of patterned paper. Next, simple cut out the circle card front from that. You only have to make 1 cut and everything is exactly where you want it! No lining up curved layers.
The rest of the card was quite simple, stamp 3 snowflakes, cut them out, add gems and attach with pop dots. Stamp a little sentiment. Done!
Stamps: Rustic Snowflakes (PTI)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Paris Dusk
Paper: White, Bashful Blue, Holiday Thyme (yes I still have some!)
Accessories, etc.: gelly gems, circle die cuts, pop dots


Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly) said...

Beautiful card Natasha! Great tips on how to make these cards - I should have put my dp on the white card base and cut them all at the same time - especially with a scallop die! So thanks for the tip!

Marie said...

Very pretty and I love the gelly gems!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Love this! It's gorgeous with the blue and white snowflakes!

Catherine said...

this is so pretty! i want some nesties...LOL!

MiLaWi said...

Lovely christmas card! Very cute