Monday, May 11, 2009

Ten Minute Monday

Today's card is one that was completely inspired by the fabulous Heather Pulvirenti. She has such a fun style, lots of good CAS cards, lots of very detailed and more complex stuff too (something for everyone!) When I saw that card, I just loved it and so I filed it into my "Inspiration" folder.
If you have a ridiculously large hard-drive, this is something you might want to consider doing. If I see something I really like, I save it to an Inspiration folder. These photos go nowhere, I would never post them online! In some cases, what people post sometimes gets taken down for a publication, this way you still have it. They are there whenever I need a little creative boost. This is also another reason why I love it when people have watermarks. If I'm inspired by something months old, I can give credit where credit is due.
So here's the card, I went with a different orientation, a different floral image, and a different colour scheme, but I think it's apparent how the original card inspired me. I made this card a few weeks ago, but now that I'm focusing on it, I kind of what to make a few more in different colours!
Stamps: Garden of Life, Birthday Basics
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate
Cardstock: Kraft, White
Accessories, etc.: Saddle Stitched Grosgrain, twine, button from who knows where, but it matches Ripe Avocado perfectly!


Susan Raihala said...

Beautiful card! I love this as a way to use those slightly larger images in a CAS way!

Jen Sannes said...

I love this - what a fun card! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa H. said...

this is a great card. love your 10-minute Monday's. very inspirational! TFS!

Karen said...

I used to save these ideas in an inspiration folder as well. Now I use web site that allows you to store as many images as you want. It also creates links back to the original post so you can get directions and/or give credit.

Heather P. said...

You are so sweet, Natasha! :)

Love what you did here! The colors, the change in orientation, fantastic!

Kate said...

I just discovered you ladies and your wonderful ideas. I think this is my favorite new site!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This one really appealed to me. I made two cards. You can see them here:


Chrissie said...

What a fantastic card! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card - off to stamp something very close. Thanks for all your inspiration!! Tamara W