Saturday, May 16, 2009

FTL#42 Thinking of You

I haven't been stamping in two weeks since I've had a hip replacement - and I was having a bit of trouble getting back into making cards. So this sketch combined with Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge got me started. It felt great to get back to card making! I stamped the umbrellas onto the white paper, then stamped them again and cut them out and adhered them to the image panel with dimensionals. I added the flower for balance - it just looked funny without it. Supplies: Stamps - PTI ; Ink - PTI Berry Sorbet, Aquamist and Versamagic Jumbo Java; Paper - PTI Stampers Select, PTI Bitty Dot Basics, PTI Chocolate Brown; Misc - May Arts Satin Ribbon, Fiskars Threading Water Border punch, Prima Flower, half back pearl, dimensionals.

7 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Wonderful card! Those umbrellas are fab!

Jeanette said...

Good wished for your quick recovery. Stamp when you can but take care of your body first.

Heather T said...

Hope your recovery goes well. I love your simple umbrella card, unmbrellas are a favourite image of mine.

soccerboyzmom said...

very nice card and hope you are feeling better soon.

marciad said...

Hope you are healed up soon. Love the umbrella card.

Heather P. said...

This is super cute!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery! :)

LeAnne said...

Good heavens, Harriet, I didn't know you had surgery---hope you are getting better day by day! This card is sweet--my friend just lent me hers and I can't to play! TFS!
Hugs,
LeAnne