Saturday, May 23, 2009

FTL43 Heartfelt Thanks

This sketch was very different from any other that I have done. I made my card 4.25 in square so it would fit in an A2 envelope. I decided to use red, white and blue for the colors in honor of Memorial Day in the US and to participate in Sharon Johnson's ssnotime88 challenge (use red, white and blue). I used the 2 sizes of star stamps in PTI"s Everyday Classics stamp set and made background paper. Then I cut a circle from that paper with my classic Nestabilities and matted it with a Scallop Circle Nestability. I cut out a red star from the background paper and popped it up on top of a stamped star. I adhered the circle with dimensionals. I used three different ribbons for the strips and I stamped the sentiment on the white ribbon. Supplies: Stamps - PTI Everyday Classics; Ink - Pallette Starry Night, SU! Real Red; Paper - PaperTrey Stampers Select, PTI Poppy Red; Misc - Netabilities, dimensionals, ribbon


LeAnne said...

Cool card! Great minds think alike....I just stamped on some ribbon for an "upcoming" challenge! LOL!

Stacey Schafer said...

great sketch!

Shannon said...

I love this card! I just saw a tip about stamping on ribbon. If you spray it with aresol hairspray first it will keep if from bluring. There was another thing you could spray but I can't remember at this moment. By the way I love, love your blog. One of my favorites :)