Friday, May 1, 2009

Sketch #40

Wow! I can't believe it's been 40 sketches already! I know I've said this before about other sketches, but this layout is so much of a "fall-to" for me, that I had to double check all the previous sketches to make sure I hadn't done it yet!
I find that the clean and simple style is best for sympathy cards. The last thing I want to be doing is spending a large quantity of time on a sympathy card. I want it to look pleasing, comforting, and simple. To add a little bit of extra to the card, I used satin ribbon and I added flocking to the cattails. In general, I find that nature imagery, scallops, script, and satin or organdy ribbon are good choices for cards that are more somber in nature.
Supplies:
Stamps: French Script, Out on a Limb, Pond Life
Ink: New Leaf, Dark Chocolate, Certainly Celery
Cardstock: White, Dark Chocolate, Certainly Celery
Accessories, etc.: Brown Flock, Scalloped Long Oval nestabilities, satin ribbon
If you play along, feel free to leave a comment with your link!

11 comments:

Ali Manning/newenglandstamper said...

The card and sketch are Fall-To-Fabulous! Great advice about the sympathy cards too.

chloe said...

I so love the idea of flocking on this card!! Fabulous!!

Susan Raihala said...

Versatile sketch and beautiful card! Thanks for all the sketches. I find them incredibly inspiring and useful!

Chrissie said...

These are all beautiful cards. I love clean and simple lines in cards and these are certainly that. I'm never quite sure where to put a link to my card. I hope that this is an appropriate place!
My card is hereChrissie

Deb said...

I love the cattails!

Here is the card I created

Karen said...

Another try since I forgot the link:

http://kbwalker.blogs.com/random_relfections/2009/05/one-cardtwo-challenges.html

Heather P. said...

Such a super fun sketch, and (as always) uber fabulous samples! :)

Here's mine:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1334479?cat=500&ppuser=118441

Lisa H. said...

oooo, another fall-to layout to work with. I did a couple cards last week with the previous sketch. these are great cards. TFS!

LeAnne said...

Just lovely! I agree with you about sympathy cards---c&s works best for them!

Kristin said...

Unfortunately I was in need of a sympathy card today as well. I love your sketch though- here is mine: http://sunshinesmilesstamps.blogspot.com/

Ali Manning/newenglandstamper said...

Oh man - it took me 2 weeks to do this challenge, but I love the sketch and am so glad I did it. It's definitely going to be a Fall-to layout for me.