Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday Just Because

Is it bad to be designing cards with stamps you haven't yet received? It's a habit that's hard to break! Sometimes it even prevents me from using what I already have. However, I think in this case it turned out as a positive thing, once I received the the stamps anyway.
It started a few weeks back... April 14th to be exact. It was my stamp club night and I got to see the texture backgrounds for the Big Shot. I was inspired to pull out my Fiskars texture plates once I got home. I have no clue if they are the same thickness, I'm guessing they're close. I found that the cuttlebug sandwich: A, Plate, Paper, Silicon, C worked nicely.
*disclaimer- not all machines have the same tensions, what works in mine might not work in yours, experiment carefully!
I went through the the plates and found this cute rain drop one. That was the same night as the Papertrey Ink release party. I knew I had to try this particular embossed background with the Scattered Showers set. So for almost 2 weeks I've had this piece of Ocean Tides cardstock embossed and ready to go. So when my stamps arrived today I had to make this card.
Supplies: Stamps: Scattered Showers Paper: Ocean Tides, White, Vellum, Dark Chocolate Ink: Ocean Tides, Stazon Timber Brown Accessories, etc.: Embossing Plate, pop dots, brads

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, that texture plate looks so darling with this image! Fantastic.

Lynette Neus said...

Very pretty - great combination! I love my Fiskars plates, I just don't use them often enough:)

diane mcvey said...

GREAT card! And I'm in love with that raindrop texture plate! TOO CUTE! I must have one! LOL
Thanks for sharing your darling card! That stamp set is on my next PTI order! :D

Cindy, the Original Wheelgirl said...

This is so pretty. FYI I ordered the texture plates from Stampin up that are for the big shot, and they are a bit thicker than the Fiskars ones. I broke my B plate! LOL. So definitely be careful with your Bug when using the Big Shot plates. PS your blog is AWESOME!

leslie said...

Perfect! I have that stamp set, so I guess I'll need to look for my Fiskars plates, now. ;-)

Pauline said...

Your cards are beautiful and simple, so is your blog. well done.

Banu said...

Beautiful card, defenitely on my CASE list :) Loved the background. Fits with the stamp set so perfectly. TFS.