Monday, April 27, 2009

Ten Minute Monday 04/27/09

I had a few kraft card bases leftover from some classes that have since passed. I was also in the mood to use Heart Prints, buttons, and some of my favorite colour combinations. For the first card, a colour combination you are probably familiar with, from me anyway- Melon Berry and Chocolate plus a neutral or two. I stamped the heart onto white, cute that out and added a threaded button. I attached that to a cut out and embossed square. I finished it off with a simple Love You greeting. For the second card, I was inspired to try Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, and Summer Sunrise after seeing this delightful card . The inspiration card used Raspberry Fizz, not Berry Sorbet. I had a Raspberry heart ready to go, but the bitty dot papers in those colours are that much more vibrant and I found that Berry Sorbet went nicely too. I cut out all the hearts, popped up the smaller ones and placed them all on a Labels die cut. Again, I completed it with a simple greeting, Hugs & Kisses. Supplies: Stamps: Heart Prints, Damask Designs Paper: Dark Chocolate, White, Kraft Ink: Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Melon Berry, Fresh Snow Accessories, etc.: nestabilities, pop dots, button, twine

8 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Oh these are both wonderful! Definitely inspiring! Thanks so much for posting them.

Deb Rymer said...

I especially love the first one - the colors are so rich and the clean layout is so crisp! The button in the "heart" of the heart is also a very sweet touch.

Brit Swiderski said...

Clean, simple, LOVE it!

Lynette Neus said...

Both of these cards are so pretty! I sure love your style.

Cynthia said...

I recently found your blog...love your style....so uncluttered...
good stuff!!!

Lisa H. said...

two fabulous cards! love 'em both :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Love this sketch. Here is my card: http://susansdayoffcreations.blogspot.com/2009/04/butterfly-wishes.html

Kristin said...

Natasha, I have a smile award for you on my blog today!