Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fall To Layout #38 Happy Birthday

I decided to use Natahsa's sketch to make a masculine birthday card. I used PaperTrey's Father Knows Best set and the sentiment is from PaperTrey's Around and About Sentiments. To keep it masculine looking, I embossed about 2/3rds of the Vintage Creme card front with the Argyle embossing folder . I then scored two lines right below the Argyle embossing and then stamped the sentiment and embossed another two lines below the sentiment. I would have liked to use a brown wooden button but I didn't have one so I went with the spiral clip instead. Supplies: Stamps - PaperTrey; Ink - Versamagic Chalk Inks; Paper - PaperTrey; Misc - Nestabilities, spiral clip, dimensionals, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Scor-pal.

12 comments:

  1. Harriet, this is such a great card! I just love everything about it. Great job using the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That`s sooo beautiful. Love the embossed paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn (stampinscotsgirl)April 18, 2009 at 9:31 AM

    Harriet, this is wonderful!!! Love what you have done!! It is just what I needed this morning, so I cased it straight away!! I will post on SCS. Thank you for the inspiration!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...This card screams...
    "SIMPLE ELEGANCE"

    I Love It!

    Cheers,

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harriet - This card is fabulous! I love all of the cards and layouts you gals put together. I'm casing this one for sure. Thanks for your Clean & Simple Blog!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Cuttlebugged background. Love the clean look to this card!! So lovely. Great for a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is such a great card! Ah, another stamp set I'm apparently going to have to have, lol. I guess Father's Day is coming up, right? Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ............THUD!!! Fab FAB design, Harriet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, embossing on white always looks so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harriet,
    I just love this card, but I can't figure it out...
    How did you put the card into the Cuttlebug folder to emboss just 2/3 of the top of the card?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete