Monday, April 20, 2009

Two Ten Minutes Cards

I've been meaning to make my own stamped patterned paper for a while. When I picked up this Detours stamp set, I knew the flowers and leaves would work quite nicely for exactly that. First I needed a bit of inspiration for colour selection. Since these are October Afternoon stamps, I checked out papers from the coordinating line. I found one I liked, then decided on six colours- Kiwi Kiss, Regal Rose, Real Red, Cool Caribbean, Dark Chocolate, and Orangerie, that matched best. Next I just started stamping. One thing to remember when making stamped backgrounds with several images- start with your largest images first! That way you always have room for them and you can squeeze the smaller images in wherever. I tried this colour combo on white cardstock first. I loved how it turned out, but I wanted to try it on something besides white. I decided on kraft. I was delighted when the colours came out almost as vibrantly as they had on the white.

Supplies: Stamps: Detours, Birthday Basics Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Cool Caribbean, Regal Rose, Dark Chocolate, Orangerie, Real Red Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Cool Caribbean, Regal Rose, Kraft, White, Dark Chocolate Accessories, etc.: Ribbon, Labels die, rhinestone

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natasha! I've always loved your work but this time even you've surpassed yourself!! This pattern paper is absolutely gorgeous... as are the cards you made with it!! Thanks for sharing the details!

Karen Rose

LeAnne said...

Beautiful! I love it on both cardstocks! Totally different feel!
LeAnne

Stefanie said...

Love it Natasha! Your paper is so perfect, it looks store bought. Love the kraft too!

Ann said...

These are flippin' fantastic! I absolutely love the bright color combo!

Valscrap Démo Stampin up ! said...

I love your cards, so simple, so beautiful

Amy said...

Wow! Fantastic work! I bet this will inspire lots of us to get that stamp set. : )

Heather P. said...

Oh wow! Your stamped patterned paper is just gorgeous!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I thought that was designer paper. You did a great job with the stamping. Fun colors.

Alexis said...

Gorgeous cards... the colors are great!

Lisa H. said...

wow! seriously, you made this paper? it is gorgeous! I love both of these.

Chrissie said...

Brilliant background stamping! I love it!
Just found your blog... I'll definitely be returning!
Chrissie

Liza Yon said...

Your DIY patterned paper is awesome! I just found out the joy of making patterned paper too. There are a couple on my blog if you'd like to stop by. www.thecardkitchen.blogspot.com- Cheers, Liza