Monday, April 27, 2009

Ten Minute Monday

I have had this color combination in my mind for a while and it didn't come out as planned but I still like it. I had this scrap of Kraft card stock so I stamped the damask from an Inkadinkado set in PaperTrey Snowy White ink in a pattern. I just got the Scor-bug so I used that to make the little pierced looking marks between the damasks images. I matted this panel on dimensionals with PTI Lemon Tart card stock. I used my Scor-pal to score a diamond pattern on the front of the card to match the pattern on the main image panel. I attached two Lemon Tart ribbon tabs. The SCS CAS challenge, CAS12, was to use little bits of ribbon. Supplies: Stamps - Inkadinkado; Ink - PTI Snowy White; Paper - PaperTrey; Misc - Ribbon, Scor-pal, Scor-bug, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I just saw this on the SCS gallery. The piercing between the stamped design really focuses attention on the images. The embossing on the background is a great touch. Love the color scheme.

diane mcvey said...

Beautiful!!! I love to use white ink on kraft paper...it's one of my favorites! This is a really fun card. Thank you! :D

Brit Swiderski said...

Adorable! My favorite part is the paper piercing... it adds so much . It's hard to believe that this took you such a short time. Thank you for sharing!

Lynette Neus said...

So pretty, Harriet! Love the colors.

Cynthia said...

I just had an acrylic workshop where all we used was white, cream and beige...made for some really breathtaking work....as is this card.

Lisa H. said...

I love everything about this card, really. It is so well designed!