Monday, February 16, 2009

Ten Minute Monday

First off, yay for 3 day weekends! Woot! This last week was particularly trying with the ice rain on Monday and Tuesday, and then the brief warm-up, and then finally back to a mostly winter-like -15 or so. I felt like using the Teacher's Apple set. But I really wasn't feeling the red, I thought I'd make a Granny Smith apple. I inked up the stamp first with Spring Moss, then applied a bit of shading with Ripe Avocado. I added in brown for the stem, then I realized that my colour scheme was set- Chocolate, Moss, and Avocado. I thought using ribbon, but I wanted a really sharp, clean edge, so I went with thin strips of cardstock. You get a similar effect and used some of the spindly scraps that were next to my paper cutter.
Supplies:
Stamps: Teacher's Apple, Birthday Basics, Polka Dot Basics
Ink: Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate
Cardstock: Kraft, White, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss
Accessories, etc.: Paper Piercer and guide, pop dots

10 comments:

Lynette said...

Great card - I really love it! Nice colors, layout and I really like using up those thin strips.

newenglandstamper said...

Love your card - the color combo is so fresh! TFS.

care-in said...

That's a great card!

mariemc said...

Very cute, love this Natasha!! I'm going to HAVE to CASE this LO. Love it!!

Basement Stamper said...

Love this card! Love the colors of it and the simplicity of it, I need to try these more often to get some stashed.

marciad said...

Lovely card. refreshing choice of colors and creative use of thin strips.

Bethany Paull said...

Great colors, and you can't go wrong with polka dots, in my opinion.

Melinda said...

I love this card!

Karen Kelly said...

Absolutely love this card.

Banu said...

WOW beautiful card. Veyr nice.