Monday, February 2, 2009

Ten Minute Monday

I've got two cards for you today. They are barely more than one layer. I really like these flowers and wanted to showcase just that. For my first card I was in the mood for some pencil crayon colouring. To bring a little more pop to the flower I glazed the center with crystal effects. Now I know that it has a drying time of more than 10 minutes, but if it's your last step, then it doesn't add to your total card time :D For this card I wanted to take a stab at watercolouring. My watercolour paints have been highly neglected. I guess I wanted to prove to myself that I could still manage that medium. On both cards I stamped and coloured the flowers and leaves on separate paper, then cut those out and popped them up with pop dots. I was quite pleased with both cards. There's something so satisfying about a pop of colour against all that white space.


Susan Raihala said...

Oh, my! These are both gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing!

Lynette said...

Very, very pretty - and awesome coloring on them both!

tigerlily55 said...

Yes. There is something about that beautiful color surrounded by white. I like the idea of putting them on pop dots, too.