Monday, February 23, 2009

Ten Minute Monday - Flowers

I used the CAS03 sketch challenge from SCS to make this card. The colors came from the GinaK Stamp TV color challenge: Always Artichoke, Apricot Appeal and Pumpkin Pie. I love this sketch and I can see making this into a set of note cards with it. I colored the image with my markers then stamped it onto the PaperTrey Stampers Select card stock. I colored in the flowers (outline stamp) with my markers. I used a Cuttlebug border embossing folder on the Always Artichoke layer. Finished it off with the MS butterfly punch and some pearls. Supplies: Stamps - Endless Creations; Ink - SU! markers; Paper - PaperTrey, DCWV; Misc - MS Butterfly punch, Cuttlebug Border Embossing Folder, pearls, glue dots.

13 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Harriet! Great colors, great sketch - beautiful card! I love the pearls, too.

Susan said...

I love this card. TFS!

{pam} said...

love the simplicity and colors in this card . . . another awesome job!

twinkletoe said...

Beautiful card.

Kristie said...

So pretty, love it!

Erica said...

I like how you used the CB folder in this one. I see there is not even the faintest hint of a "line" made by the folder. How did you manage that? Also great color combos.
Erica

Lisa D. said...

I am so excited to have found your blog! I have felt so inadequate because I'm not into the altered, multi-layers, distressed, etc., that is all the rage. You CAS style is perfect and inspiring. Thank you!

JulieHRR said...

...........THUD!!!

newenglandstamper said...

This is a lovely card - the embossed border looks great! Ali

Jenny S. (UK) said...

I just had to do this, thanks for your simplistic and yet so very artistic inspiration. So glad I found your blog too. xxx

Tiffaney in VA said...

Great card! Bright, cheery with wonderful clean lines. It's hard to make a floral card that isn't fussy. So glad I stumbled across your blog.

pwnmom said...

I love this!! It's great.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I really like the row of flowers and the embossed border. So I made something very similar (http://susansdayoffcreations.blogspot.com/2009/03/simple-row-of-flowers.html). TFS