Friday, February 6, 2009

FTL 28 and Over the Rainbow Challenge

I needed to do 3 things tonight.
  1. Make a sample card for my Fall-To Sketch (On a side note, someone asked about what this means. A fall-to layout is something you use frequently, it's kind of like a back-up. When you don't want to do something complicated, you can fall to these simple sketches!
  2. Make a card for the amazing PTI Over the Rainbow colour challenge (how yummy is that colour combo!)
  3. Make a birthday card for a good friend of mine.

I quickly set out to combine these into one card and I was successful! So first up, here's the sketch. For my main panel I went with 3.25x4.5. Feel free to change that up! The sketch is more like 2.25x3.5.

Here's my card. I see now I didn't quite adhere to the sketch. My panel is much bigger and I don't have all 3 sides of the bottom panel being the same width. Oops! That's the beauty of a sketch, it provides a guideline. For the flowers/branch, I started out with Out on a Limb. Next I inked up the dotty flowers in Pure Poppy. Then I grabbed a flower from Text Boxed, inked that up in Summer Sunrise and went over the dots so it would kind of appear that the dots were the flower centers. Finally I added in leaves, using the small leaf image.

5 comments:

ScrapyCrafter said...

Such a lovely card! I really like the stamp set!

Kacey Elliott said...

This is very pretty! I wish I had a FTS, that would really help give me a starting point!

Jenny said...

Beautiful simplicity. The stamp is gorgeous. I feel the need to do. :-)

Martha said...

Beautiful card. Is that PTI's Out on a Limb set? Would love to know how you did the flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Vera said...

I didn't adhere to the sketch 100% either, but it sure inspired me! Thanks so much for another great FTL!

My Birthday Birdie Card