Friday, February 13, 2009


Time for another sketch! This one was inspired by one of my favorite CAS stampers, Dawn McVey . In case you've been out of the loop, she's got a stamp set debuting tomorrow evening at Papertrey Ink. I really liked what she did with the damask image to make background paper. It's nice to have a card focus on a pattern. All it needs is a small sentiment and your choice of embellishments.

I kept my card themed in the spirit of Valentine's Day. I really liked the effect of the fancy label underneath the sentiment on Dawn's card. I used the Label One Nestabilities for that. If you cut the squares in half, you can match them back up to make a more rectangular shape. It worked out well for this, since I knew I'd be placing the sentiment piece over top. The seam is completely hidden. The rest of the card seems pretty self explanatory. I added in one extra layer. I just can't help myself, I love having that 1/16'' border between my main image panel and the card base!

Supplies: Stamps: Heart Prints (PTI) Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Dark Chocolate Paper: Raspberry Fizz, Dark Chocolate, White Accessories, etc.: pop dots, nesties labels 1, saddle stitched grosgrain


Paula said...

I had to try this sketch and make my own background (which I rarely do since designer paper is so much easier. Here is mine if you want to take a look.

Bethany Paull said...

Thanks for another sketch! I had to throw this one together quickly and with half a brain:
LOVE your sample!

AJ said...

here is mine-
thanks for the layout!!!!