Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tips: Using Borders, Edges, or Boundaries on Cards

This tip was completely inspired by PaperCrafts 101. I was looking for some fun clean and simple ideas and loved all the ideas involving borders. Borders are just a fun way to add a little something to your card without taking away from a focal point. You could go with scallops, a series of cut out images on the side of your card, a cut fringe, a line of punched out shapes, you get the idea!
I went with a line of punched out shapes using a punch I had to have- the Spiral Notebook punch. I wanted something really simple, so I adhered some striped paper to a 4.25 square base, punched all along the side, added some ribbon, then a little sentiment circle.
Supplies: Stamps:Holiday Mail (gelatins) Paper: white, dots and dashes, olive Accessories: Notebook punch, circle punches, ribbon

2 comments:

  1. I love the way this one looks--the dp with the punched edge is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOH! How easy is that?! woulda never thought of it, so i'm so glad you created this awesome card... definitely in my bag o' tricks now!

    ReplyDelete