Friday, September 5, 2008

Fall-To Colours

As much as I hate to say it, I swear I saw what looked to be snow clouds today. I am not ready to say goodbye to summer, but I am finally ready to start making holiday cards. In keeping with the festive theme, this week's fall-to colours are easily applied to holiday creations. Combine a grey-ish or beige neutral (like Sahara Sand or Kraft) with colours from the Rich Regals family (or equivalent). I went with Kraft, Burgundy, and Artichoke. I cheated a tiny bit, there's some Olive in the paper, and technically the ribbon is a closer match to olive than artichoke...

This card came together very quickly, and I'm thinking it may be a contender for hand-delivered holiday cards (the ribbon knot would make it a 2-stamp card, which gets too costly)

Supplies: Stamps: Believe, Holiday Wishes (PTI) Ink: Rich Cocoa, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy Paper: Kraft, White, Retired Holiday DP, Burgundy Accessories, etc.: Wide Olive Grosgrain, long rectangle nestabilities

Hope you have a good weekend! I've got a busy one ahead of me!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Very pretty! Love that tree!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card! Love everything about it!
LeAnne

Mel said...

Simply stunning!!! What an elegant and do-able Christmas card!! TFS!

Lynette said...

What a wonderful card!