Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall-To Layout 13

This week's sketch is inspired by another artist in the community that contacted me. She showed me several great cards using the same layout. Check out Nicole's work here (she's also an amazing jewelry artisan!).
Here's the sketch. The idea is to keep up the silhouette theme. Nicole recommends masking off a horizontal region of the card to make stamping in a line a breeze. Remove the mask, tie the ribbon over it, then add your sentiment! Really pretty and nice and simple! Note: the grey is my graphic attempt at knotted ribbon or a bow!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for the compliment, Natasha!

I REALLY LOVE this sketch, it is so fast, but still has tons of style!

Deanna said...

Wicked sketch, loved playing with it and I can see myself using it a lot in the future! Thx.

http://deespapertree.blogspot.com/2008/10/clean-and-simple-13.html

Rebecca said...

Such an awesome sketch. I am loving looking at this blog for inspiration. I love how you show that CAS is not boring and bland like I think some people think, but it can be stunning and beauitful!
Here is a link to 2 cards I made using it. Thanks for the inspiration!

http://thereisastampforthat.blogspot.com/2009/04/happiness-is-habit.html

Jennifer L. said...

Hi, I just used this sketch for a Dawn McVey color challenge. I LOVE how the card turned out! Thanks for a site full of such great inspiration.

http://jenniferlubbock.blogspot.com/2009/05/raspberry-suite-color-challenge-4.html

Jennifer