Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Embrace Silhouettes

Silhouette images lend themselves to quick and easy cards whether they are one layer or multi layered cards. I started out with a single layer card using an Inkadinkado set using Memento Rich Cocoa ink on vanilla creme card stock. It took well under 10 minutes and I liked it so much I thought I'd make another using SU! Not Quite Navy on the vanilla creme card stock. I ended up making two more, one in burgundy and one in Old Olive and now have a nice set of note cards! Supplies: Stamps- Inkadinkado; Ink - SU! Not Quite Navy, Memento Rich Cocoa, Paper - PaperTrey Vanilla Creme I wanted to show you a quick, layered silhouette card too. I started with the Basic Grey Ambrosia paper (had a scrap on my desk) and stamped the cattails from Verve Stamps in
Memento Rich Cocoa. I used my white gel pen to highlight the cattails. I stamped the Thank You sentiment from the Inkadinkado set I already had out and added the dragonfly and round gold brads. I then matted the main image panel on PaperTrey Chocolate Brown card stock and that onto the Creme colored paper from the Basic Grey Ambrosia paper pack.

4 comments:

barb mann said...

Harriet, Natasha & Betty - All Fabulous ideas. I love this site!!

Shelly said...

Oh Harriet, I am especially drawn to the 2nd card w/ the memento ink and gel pen accents. Both cards are gorgeous!

Ann said...

Gorgeous! I especially love the blue and white birthday wishes. :D

Lynette said...

All the cards are fabulous!