Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall-To Layout #12

This week, we're keeping the sketch very basic. This is a layout that I see all the time, and even though it's the simplest of layouts, each card I see pops out to me. You can also do a few things to make it a bit more complex- add a scalloped frame, add ribbon, pop up your focal image, add embellishments, and more! For my card, I started out with this adorable cat the Trick or Sweet set. I made a stamped background using a sentiment, then popped the coloured image up with pop dots. I added a coordinating scalloped frame, then embossed my main sentiment with white embossing powder so it really comes out against the black paper. Colours used to colour the cupcake: Cool Grey 3, 5, and 7, Deep Bark, Caribe Cocoa, Sand, Sardonyx, and Light Prawn. Here's a close-up of the cat cupcake. I really like how the colouring turned out! Supplies: Stamps: Stamp a Sweet Impression: Trick or Sweet, Sweet Celebration Paper: White, Berry Sorbet, Prism Black Ink: Berry Sorbet, Versamark, Tuxedo Black Accessories, etc.: Square Nestabilities, White EP, Copic markers, pop dots.

3 comments:

Donelda said...

Yes, this is such a great basic layout!! You can use it for just about anything!! I lvoe the sentiment stamped background on this card!!

Thanks for the Clean and Simple tips!! Still loving them :-)

Shelly said...

Yes, the layout is basic but so versatile and classic. Nice coloring, darling image too!

Deanna said...

I think I am catching up! LOL

http://deespapertree.blogspot.com/2008/09/twins.html