Monday, July 7, 2008

Tips: Out of the Box

Today's tip is something that brings a fun twist to any regular layout. It's just that little extra something different. When I use the term out of the box, I don't mean coming up with different ideas for your stamp images (although that's always a good idea!). I mean the technique where you have your image emerging from the image panel. It goes beyond the typical borders. I made 2 cards featuring this technique. It really doesn't matter where you choose to have the image emerge. One the one card I had the cupcake spill over on the right side. On the other card, I had the bow coming out over the top of the panel. I find there are 3 tools you need to help make this technique a success. You need a pencil, a clear ruler, and a decent pair of scissors. I start by stamping my image on a larger than necessary panel. Then I take my clear ruler and go over the image on each side, seeing which way would look best. Next I draw a faint line, excluding the image. I cut out along the pencil line, then go around the image. An easier way of doing this technique is to stamp your image partially on one panel, then cut out the part that will be emerging over the edge and adhere it over top with a pop dot.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

These are adorable! Thanks for the awesome tip too! I love this blog! You guys rock! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas:)