Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fall-to Layout #6

In keeping with the colour blocking theme, I thought this sketch would be a good one for this week! This design works well with plain cardstock, stamped cardstock, or patterned paper. If you're wondering about measurements. I made each square about 1-1/8, then I placed the middle one first, and lined up the rest. The two on the ends went over the side just a bit, so I trimmed it. Also due to the awkward size of each square and my less than precise cutter, I decided to add a border. This adds nicely to the design and hides the fact that one of my squares was a bit too small. I like to round the corners of this design. I find it completes the card nicely. This design is great for mass producing (if you have a more precise cutter) and also for using up those awkward sized scraps that we all feel compelled to keep!
On my card I went with the colour challenge from last week at SCS. I stamped some polka dots over top, added my border, and a greeting. That's it!
Supplies:
Stamps: Nature Set (a muse)
Paper: Guava, Banana, Chocolate, White
Ink: Brown, White
Accessories, etc.: corner rounder

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a pretty card, but the pictures are missing. I would love to seethe card. :)

Marisa said...

Cute little card and layout. Just wanted to tell you that I'm enjoying your blog. I tripped across it a few days ago and it's been wonderful! I love CAS cards - make a lot myself and your tips have been great. Keep up the good work!

Juanita said...

Love it, that is a quick card to make, yet is visually powerful. Wonderful as usual!

denise:) said...

super pretty!!

Kim Gasper said...

I love the simplicity of this design.

Donelda said...

love your card and this layout! I am in a bit of a creative rut but I think making a card with your layout will help me a lot!! I continue to enjoy your CAS blog! Keep up the great work ladies :-)

Anna said...

Fun layout... just popping by to show you my card!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/989321?cat=500&ppuser=108659

Stefanie said...

This layout definitely saved me from stamper's block! Here's my card:
http://stampwithstef.blogspot.com/2008/07/tiny-miracle.html

AJ said...

thanks for the inspiration!
http://thewillowgarden.blogspot.com/2008/07/went-with-clean-and-simple-this-time.html

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Since I didn't find your blog until sketch 24, I'm making going backwards and trying out a few of the older ones. Here is my card using this sketch.

Maureen said...

Thanks for the PDF files - I'm enjoying going through them and making cards with the ones I missed! Here's my card for #6.