Friday, July 4, 2008

CAS Friendly Techniques

Once again, it's time to bring out the glossy paper and a brayer. It's time for spectrum backgrounds. These don't have to be monochromatic. They can be very effective that way, but really, any group of colours that can be arranged in a spectral fashion work well for this! I made my background using Certainly Celery, Cool Caribbean and Lavender Lace. I had originally tried it out on ultrasmooth white, it just absorbs too fast and you don't get as nice of a blend. The glossy white paper definitely provides a forgiveness of sorts. Next, I attached my spectrum panel to a card front, softened it up a bit with some white organdy ribbon. I added a sentiment with Stazon, then stamped and cut out a few flowers and leaves in matching colours! This one ended up being about a 12 minute card. Supplies: Stamps: Bodacious Bouquet, Heartfelt Phrases Ink: Celery, Caribbean, Lavender, Black Stazon Paper: Glossy White, White, Caribbean Accessories, etc.: Organdy Ribbon, pop dots, brayer

2 comments:

Harriet said...

This is beautiful Natasha! Will get my brayer out later today and give it a try!

Joan B said...

I see CASE!! This is so pretty.