Monday, July 14, 2008

Tips: Colour Blocking

Colour blocking can be a really fun and quick way to jazz up a card. If you're looking for a quick way, I suggest sticking with squares. Different sized rectangles look quite neat, but the measurement calculation can be a bit annoying at times. For this card, I stuck with 2 inch squares and a 4-1/4 square card base. I call it colour blocking, but really, you can use cardstock or patterned paper. It's the same effect! I ended up stamping the cardstock on my sample. Supplies: Stamps: Pretty Flowers by Inkadinkadoo, Little Lady Ink: Groovy Guava, Cool Caribbean Paper: Guava, White, Caribbean Accessories, etc.: brads, double ended tag die

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty card. I love color blocking, and I think your card is a wonderful example of it!

Kim Gasper said...

Love this color combination!