Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fall To Layout #5

If you struggled with the Out of the Box idea, here's a sketch that may inspire you! I find that this technique works really well with large flower images. However, anything that has a circular element would work well on here! So the "stem" part of the sketch is strictly optional! The smaller circles are brads or some other round embellishments- gems, eyelets, whatever you fancy! I've had this sketch stored in my book of sketches for quite some time now. Only when I sat down to put a card together did I realize how perfectly this dandelion image from gel-a-tins Big & Wild Things worked with it! It's always nice when you have a sketch in mind and find a stamp that totally works with it! Supplies: Stamps: Big & Wild Things (gelatins), Heartfelt Phrases (Verve) Ink: Pear Tart, Dandelion, Black Paper: Light Blue and Brown (Bazzill), White Accessories, etc.: Brads (Scrapbook Sally)

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is so simple and yet so pretty! Love your colours!

Marie said...

Oh, cute card! I've been debating getting Big & Wild Things after getting Wild Things. I just love the dandelion image in the set.

LeAnne said...

Wow, somehow I missed this sketch--I love it! Hopefully I'll get to play soon. Gotta deal with massive amounts of zucchini.
LeAnne

Kristin said...

I love this card! What a great idea! I'm always stuck in the box. I left you an award on my blog - www.elmerstamper.com

Thanks again!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I just LOVE all of these layouts! Thanks for making it so easy! :) http://oodabugalley.blogspot.com/2008/07/ftl5-happy-birthday.html

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

P.S. I mean easy as in "I don't have to think of a layout for my card because these are always perfect!" :)

Marie said...

I finally got around to making a card and I really liked the result. Your layouts are just GREAT!!! You can see it on my blog here: http://bootstostamps.typepad.com/from_combat_boots_to_rubb/2008/07/kitchen-sink-fu.html

I also uploaded it to SCS using your keyword. :) Thanks for a great sketch!

Basement Stamper said...

Love your sketches!!! I'm so glad that my friend directed me to your site!

Here's my sketch: http://basementstamper.blogspot.com/2008/07/from-courtneys-closet-challenge.html