Friday, July 25, 2008

Technique: Overlays

This is the first time I have ever used vellum. I used the PaperTrey Linen Vellum cardstock for the card base and stamped the leaves on the card front. I then used Black Staz-On and stamped the sentiment on regular vellum and attached it to the card front with mini glue dots. I added the ribbon at the top to finish it off. Supplies: Stamps - Verve Serenity; Paper - PaperTrey Linen Vellum, PaperTrey Vellum Cardstock; Ink - SU! Old Olive, Black Staz-On; Misc - Ribbon, glue dots.

7 comments:

wsdanielson said...

Very pretty card Harriet. I always appreciate your talent.

Shelly said...

Very classy!

Pat's Paper Passion said...

A very impressive card. I may have to take the challenge and try stamping with vellum. In the past I've printed on it, but I like the look you created.
Pat

Kimmarie said...

Very pretty. It has been forever since I have played with vellum. I will try and fit this one in.

Alexis said...

Great card....I just ordered that set and can't waot to get it in!

LeAnne said...

Wow, I just made one of these--hard to photograph, but it looks quite nice in real life! Here it is:
http://weeinklings.blogspot.com/2008/07/dirty-girl-challenges.html
Thanks for all the great inspiration you girls come up with!
LeAnne

Giovana said...

Pretty pretty pretty!!!