Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fall to Layout #7

In case you hadn't noticed, I was keeping this week's themes ultra simple, and ultra elegant. So, this week's layout is one that is definitely not mine. I'm not sure who really came up with it. It's just one of those layouts that works, you know? The idea is to keep a neutral card base. Add an image (in the sketch I've called it a panel, but that doesn't mean you have to have a separate layer, it's just a guideline as to where a stamped image works decently). For the finishing touch, add in some of your favorite ribbon. I made a card using the reversed masking that I talked about on Sunday. Once again, I started off by cutting my shape out of scrap paper, I centered that on the card base, did some two toned sponging and then some word stamping. Next, I added in a larger image, stamped a sentiment, and added some brown polytwill ribbon. I find that this layout is especially good for when you have a need for sympathy cards. Thankfully I do not have a need for one at this time, but unfortunately, they are a good type of card to have a few extras on hand. Supplies: Stamps: Out on a Limb, Beautiful Blooms (PTI) Ink: Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa Paper: White Ribbon: Brown twill from DWB


Karen Giron said...

What a fantastic layout! Here is my card. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Lynette said...

This is a really pretty card. I hope to give it a try soon.

Anna said...

I tried this layout out... a goodie for sure!