Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fall to Layout #54 - One of a Kind

Here is my card for this week's sketch. I traced the outside of the largest rectangle Nestability in pencil first, then after stamping the sentiment where I wanted it, I went over the penciled line with a Copic Multiliner pen and erased the pencil marks. I used my Butterfly Cuttlebug die to cut the butterfly from some Basic Grey Wisteria paper. After attaching the butterfly I added the buttons. The sentiment is from PaperTrey Friends Til the End set stamped with Memento Sweet Plum ink. Supplies: Stamps = PaperTrey; Ink - Memento; Paper - PaperTrey Stampers Select, Basic Grey; Misc - Rectangle Nestability, Cuttlebug Butterfly die, Copic Multiliner pen, ruler, pencil, eraser, buttons.

8 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty card, Harriet! Love that butterfly, and it's a great sketch.

Heather P. said...

LOL, I almost used that exact same butterfly die for my example! :) Love that burst of color with the butterfly, Harriet!

Basement Stamper said...

Perfect paper/butterfly for this sketch. Gorgeous!

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful, Harriet!!

Cynthia said...

I just love this layout and how you all are showing several variations.

lindal said...

This is a beautiful card. The butterfly looks like he is flying off the page.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for explaining how you did the outline....I can never get a nice, thin EVEN line!

Susan Raihala said...

Absolutely stunning, Harriet! Love the dp and buttons for the butterfly!

You won the prima/PTI gift certificate on my blog. Congratulations! Email me your info so I can get your goodies out to you!