Friday, March 20, 2009

FTL34

Ready for another sketch? I was looking through some older cards and came across this layout. I remember being quite obsessed with it for a while, so I thought I'd bring it back. Although it has a minimum of four layers, I consider it a good example of clean and simple. I like to feature a patterned paper as the large piece on the card base. Then I usually do another layer of the same colour as the card base, and finally a small square with my sentiment and image. I also usually place ribbon underneath the square. However, you could also place your sentiment there.
Some measurements if you like...
Card base: 4.25x11.
Patterned Paper layer: 3.75x4.75. Place this layer so that there is more space left on the bottom. That way there is room for a row of dots.
Next layer (includes mat): 2.5x3.5.
Final Square: 1.75x1.75.
Supplies:
Stamps: Mixed Messages (PTI), Pocket Silhouettes (SU!)
Ink: Basic Grey, True Black
Paper: White, Urban Oasis, True Black, Basic Grey
Accessories, etc.: Grey ribbon, pop dots, mat pack and piercer

15 comments:

Carolyn Mustopa said...

What a perfectly gorgeous card! Great layout -- I will be sure to use it soon!

Susan Raihala said...

Natasha! I love the sketch! Hmmm, feel the need to go to my stamp room tonight. I just love pocket silhouettes and your use of it here is so perfect!

Mommie2Quads said...

I love your blog, I am a subscriber and check it often for inspiration. I really appreciate this sketch as you have made the leg work much easier this time for me by including the dimensions for the layers. Thanks so much, please keep the dimensions coming and the FTL.

Playing with Paper said...

Yep!!! I am ready for another sketch! Thanks for the inspiration! I'll be sure to use it soon! Love your card!

Kara said...

I've just recently discovered your website, and I love it! I'm back almost every day to see what you've got. And your inspiration has already helped me with a few cards!

Anne said...

Followed you here from SCS, this is great! I love your sketches and inspiration! Yay!! I will try to jump in!

Heather P. said...

Wow, your sample card is FABULOUS!! :)

Bundle of Joy

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Great sketch. I just found your site... I will try and play along later this weekend.

Robin said...

Thank you for posting the dimensions; that sure made it sooooo much easier for me than having to figure them out myself through"trial and error!"

I've already made three cards using this sketch!

Joan B said...

Thanks for the inspiration!!! Here's my card for your challenge. I really like your layout. I'll post a second card that I made with it tomorrow and come back and link it:

http://paperlicious.typepad.com/paperlicious/2009/03/my-first-challenge-card.html

marciad said...

Love this layout. I read your blog everyday. I got imspired by Joan's(Paperlicious) last evening and came back to check out the measurements. Thanks for posting them. My paper is cut. Will finish a card this morning. I'll be using this sketch alot.

Rachel Hope said...

Great sketch!!! I tried it out last night and really like it!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1283288?cat=500&ppuser=44266

Jennie said...

Here's my card: http://jennierosedesigns.blogspot.com/2009/03/dawn-mcveys-first-color-challengeclean.html.

Thanks for a fun challenge! :-)

Nancy Sanders said...

Love the challenge and the design team members cards this week. Thanks your challenge and for taking a look at my creation!

Here's my card

Vera said...

Awesome sketch and card, Natasha!

Thanks a Bunch