Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fall-to Layout #35

Fall-to Layout: A sketch or layout that you can use as a resource; something you may rely on, fall-to, or fall-back on when you need a bit of inspiration. Here's this week's sketch. I decided to change things up a bit. It was time for something besides square or A5. This card is 3.5x6. The patterned paper panel is 3x3.5. I used nestabilities for the rectangles, but if you'd like to know, the plain rectangle is 2-3/8x5 inches. I wanted a design for using all those large silhouette images that are still quite popular. Supplies: Stamps: Big and Wild Things (by gel-a-tins), Birthday Basics (by Papertrey Ink) Ink: Rhubarb, Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout, True Black Paper: Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Ski Slope DSP Accessories, etc.: Ribbon, Nestabilities, Pop Dots

As always, if you decide to play along, feel free to leave a link or upload to SCS with the keyword FTL35!

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

How pretty! I love your image and the sketch is wonderful--into my files it goes!
LeAnne

JulieHRR said...

...........THUD!!!

Your card is STUNNING, Tash. Absolutely STUNNING!

Ashley C. Newell said...

This is very pretty! Can't wait to make one!

newenglandstamper said...

Lovely sketch and great card. I love how the ribbon extends beyond the card front -very cool. TFS.

Stacey Schafer said...

Such a lovely sketch and inspiration card! I couldn't wait to get started when I saw them:)

http://stampinwithstacey.blogspot.com/2009/03/kind-thanks-raspberry-suite-2-ftl-35.html

Janet said...

Hey Natasha - I love this sketch and have uploaded my version onto Splitcoast using the code you gave me, but I'm not 100% sure I did it correctly. It is also on my blog. Thanks and have a great day !!

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the papers and the colors! I tried my hand at it...

http://hopestampseternal.blogspot.com/2009/04/fall-to-friend.html

Heather T said...

The red and green colouring is so delicate and pretty. And the background sets it off perfectly.