Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome Back (and a FTL!)

I figured I'd start the new year with a clean and simple sketch. I have to say this was one of those cases where I made the card, then designed a sketch around it. Sometimes it just works out better that way! The sketch was originally inspired by Krystie Hersch. She's a fabulous CAS girl and fellow DD alumni. I modified the sketch somewhat, but I think it's clear where the inspiration came from.

Here's my card:. I had just received the newest PTI release and was itching to use those delightful patterned hearts. Clearly I was also in the mood for dots, since I used some form of dot several times on here.

Supplies: Stamps: Heart Prints, Polka Dot Basics, Men of Life Ink: Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate Paper: Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, White Accessories, etc.: white satin, metal tag Thanks for stopping by. If you do the sketch, post a comment with your link!

16 comments:

Mere Deaux said...

This such a cute card. It is one of my favorite layouts too.
Could you add the size of the card you are posting? Thank you. Jan

Anonymous said...

Love this super cute CAS card! This really pops! Happy New Year!!

Karen Giron said...

Oooh, I love this layout and can't wait to try it!

Angie Tieman said...

WOW! Awesome card!

Jacynthe said...

LOve how easy and versatile this sketch is. You can see the card I made here: http://lifeinmycraftroom.blogspot.com/2009/01/happy-new-year-2009.html

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I just LOVE this card and the layout is awesome! Here's my version: http://oodabugalley.blogspot.com/2009/01/you-make-my-heart-leap.html

Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynette said...

Another fun layout, Natasha! Here is my card: http://mystampingaddiction.blogspot.com/2009/01/fall-to-layout.html

jenstamps said...

Just found your site and *love* it!!! I had to give this sketch a try ~ Loved the sample card so much I didn't change a thing! Here is my card:

http://littlescrapsofpaper.typepad.com/little_scraps_of_paper/2009/01/the-love-shack.html

Dawn (stampinscotsgirl) said...

I love this layout! Super cute card!!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Love the layout! Here's my take on it:
http://bklynstamper.blogspot.com/2009/01/so-sweet.html

Bethany Paull said...

I just found this blog from Charmaine's. Love it! THanks for the sketch. I used it here:
http://bethanypaull.blogspot.com/2009/01/simply-sweet.html

{pam} said...

thanx for the awesome sketch . . . but can i say . . . I LOVE THE CARD YOU MADE!!! the colors . . . the dots . . . love it . . . love it . . . love it . . .soooooo gonna copy it!!! thanx!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I learned about this page from the gingerwood board, and I just want to say thank you for these lovely and very inspiring cards! Belonging to the "old school" of stamping and colouring, I was slowly getting a bit overwhelmed by all the thingies and layers that seemed to be on all cards lately. Many of them are totally wonderful, but I knew I could never compete with them. Looking at the cards on this page made me relax and smile, and inspire me tons! Thanks, and keep up the good work!
All the best from
Stamper in Norway

Deanna said...

Gorgeous card and sketch!
Here is mine...
http://deespapertree.blogspot.com/2009/01/gf-love.html
Thanks!

Vera said...

Love this layout! Here's my card:

Almost Time to Sale-A-Brate

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I'm going back and doing some of the older FTLs that I missed the first time around. Here is my card using this sketch.