Friday, January 9, 2009

Fall-To Layout #24

It's time for another sketch. Once again I took the "easy" way out. I designed a card and drew the sketch accordingly. As usual, it's a pretty easy sketch to follow. Remember, I'm all about proportions. It doesn't really matter how big your central panel is, just make it proportional to the card front. I think I made mine 3.75x5. Even a bit smaller would look nice, probably all the way down to 3.25x4.5 Smaller than that and you start to lose too much of your canvas. The circle image on the sketch can really be anything. I went with this delightful sailboat from PTI's Men of Life. The stripe could be paper or ribbon. The bottom part is meant to be some form of patterned paper- whether that's stamped, like mine, or printed, is up to you!
Supplies:
Stamps: Men of Life, Birthday Basics, Polka Dot Basics,
Ink:Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Fresh Snow
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, White
Accessories: Ribbon
I enjoyed seeing all the cards last week! If you play, please leave a link again in the comments!

6 comments:

Susan said...

I just found your site through another blog. I really like the clean and simple style so I'm sure I will be checking back often.

I notice that you have labels on your posts, but you don't have a list of the labels on your menu. I would like to see past sketches but don't want to have to scroll through every post in the last year to find them. Will you be adding your label links soon so that we can better view the projects? Thanks.

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

Fun challenge. Somehow my scanner (which is new and I'm still trying to figure it all out) didn't get the white on the sides. But it's there.

Here's my card....

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1188205?cat=500&ppuser=159439

Thanks for looking.

Vera said...

Great layout, Natasha! Thanks for the inspiration!

My super simple card

Robyn said...

I had a go ! Here is my card- I had to add to add the two pearls to cover up a last minute "oops" with some glue!!

Ilse Vargas said...

I don't know if it fits the "clean and simple" format, but I tried to follow your sketch... :)
Thanks for the sketches!
Greetings,
Ilse

Bethany Paull said...

Your card is so striking! Thanks again for another great sketch. I am really enjoying them. Here's my card:
http://bethanypaull.blogspot.com/2009/01/tea-for-two.html