Friday, August 22, 2008

Tips: Using black cardstock or embellishments

One thing I have found, is how using just the smallest bits of black cardstock can really bring extra dimension and 'pop' to a card. This applies to other media as well, like ink or embellishments. The darkness of it helps to separate elements which seems to make things more exciting to our eyes. When I am stuck on a design, sometimes I find that a thin black mat, a touch of ribbon, or a black sentiment can really bring it up to that next level. *photo removed for publication* Supplies: Stamps: Birds Clear Set by Inkadinkadoo, Three for You Punch set by Stampin' Up! Ink: Bamboo Leaves, Rhubarb Stalk, Tuxedo Black (Memento) Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Cranberry Crisp Accessories, etc.: pop dots

6 comments:

  1. I agree that black really adds a pop! This is a great simple card, but is striking too!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a striking card - beautiful, yet so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! Absolutely stunning card...you are definitely right about the splash of black...it really highlights the white panel. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for the tips; I
    enjoy your blog very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just posted a card to my blog with just that little bit of black accent: http://mystampingaddiction.blogspot.com/2008/08/sort-of-repeat.html. Thanks for your great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card!! I love the crisp layout and the black really adds another dimension and makes it pop! This is a wonderful blog full of great tips and I really appreciate them:)

    ReplyDelete