Tuesday, August 5, 2008

FTL 8!

So here is this week's sketch. I really like using this one when I want to show off a bit of patterned paper. As usual, my rectangle strip with the circle represents some sort of ribbon and knot or bow. However, feel free to put some sort of embellishment there instead!
For my card today, I went with some "old friends". This card is all Stampin' Up! I even did the scallops using the corner rounder instead of my nestabilities!

For my scalloped circle I went with a patterned paper covered flower. It's so nice to choose 4 different papers that you know are going to coordinate nicely! I've been on a bit of a chipboard kick these past few days. I have so much of it, and it really covers up or inks up nicely! It's a pretty quick process too! For these ones, I didn't feel like dealing with Mod Podge, so I taped the paper on.
Speaking of using the chipboard I have... I'm trying really hard to use more and more of all the stuff I have. I think it's really good to step back and evaluate all the stuff you have. Figure out new ways to use your supplies before going out and buying more! If you can use a certain supply for a quick CAS type card, all the better! It'll give you more motivation to use that supply again and make more cards!
Stamps: It's your birthday
Ink:Brilliant Blue
Paper: Jersey Shore, Bashful Blue
Accessories, etc.: On Board Blossoms & Basics, Sanding Block, Wasabi Ribbon, Corner Rounder
Remember, if you want to play along, put a link here or use the keywords FTL8 at SCS!


Kimmarie said...

Great sketch! I love the colors and pp used in your sample!

MiLaWi said...

Thanks for the really beautiful sketch! It is always a great inspiration to look on this blog. You can see my card here


Charlichouetgegene said...

I think i'll try to make the same for a friend, tahnks for the sketch!!