Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tips: Change up your dimensions!

This week's tip is to change up your dimensions! By this I mean step outside the 4.25x5.5 box. No squares either! Making cards with different dimensions really allows you to use your supplies differently. Maybe you have a large alphabet set you are dying to use, but it's too big for a standard size card. Try a bigger style card. Maybe you have some really big primas that would work well on a larger format. On the other side of the spectrum, maybe you have some cute, but tiny stamps. They would go nicely on a smaller format, perhaps you'd want to look into using the notecard size. Popular sizes include the 6x3 or 7x3.5, the 3.5x5, I've even had fun with 6x5 cards. For my card today I went with an A Muse 4 bar blue notecard. These ones measure 5 1/8"w x 3 5/8"h. They work really well with the slightly smaller size of the A Muse stamps. This card was definitely on the quick side. I cut a 2 inch vanilla square, stamped my scene and sentiment (both from the Sushi clear set) . I coloured in the leaves and flowers with Copics and then applied a thin coat of stickles.

No comments: