Sunday, August 10, 2008

CAS Friendly Techniques

Polished Stone This is one of the first stamping techniques I ever learned. I thought the result was so stunning that I had to have the supplies immediately. For this technique, check out HERE for a step by step guide. The only thing I do differently, is I put ALL the reinkers on the soaked cotton ball. There are several reasons I consider this a CAS friendly technique.
  • You can do a whole 8.5x11 sheet very quickly. Cut it up and place on several cards.
  • The versatility of looks you can get make it great for virtually any kind of card.
  • Minimal supplies needed, and if you don't have them, they are relatively inexpensive and they go a long way.
  • The look that is achieved with polished stone is conducive to a CAS type card. You really don't want to cover up all that pretty patterned paper you just made!

Supplies: Stamps: Asian Flair (Verve Stamps), Ink: red, black, gold reinkers Paper: black, white, red, glossy white Accessories, etc.: rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, gold EP, ribbon, gold cord

No comments: